The large forested area in the western part of the Kaczawskie Foothills, between the villages of Nowe Łąki in the east, Twardocice (Rochów) in the south, Bielanka in the west and Czaple in the north was a property of the town of Złotoryja for several centuries, hence its name Złotoryjski Las (Złotoryja Forest). In the centre of the forest is a small settlement of Choiniec, formally a part of Czaple. The area is most known for its large assemblage of stone crosses carved from the local sandstone. Most have been discovered recently and re-erected. Occasionally two separate broken parts had to be joined together. The crosses are connected by a specially designed educational trail “Discovering stone crosses in Czaple (Choiniec) in the Land of Extinct Volcanoes”. It is 14 km long in total, beginning in Choiniec and ending at a forest parking lot a little bit further west. Seven crosses can be seen while walking the trail. Most are complete, except cross no. 5 with the arms missing, and are from 73 to 210 cm high. On some of them weapons of murder are carved (pike, sword), others contain inscriptions (particularly cross no. 6). Cross no. 4 is peculiar, bearing outlines of builder tools: the trowel and the level. Beside crosses, one passes a commemorative sandstone boulder with an inscription. Crosses are of different ages. Some are dated for 1760, 1775 and 1808, the age of others can only be speculated. They may be medieval crosses of reconciliation.