Although the history of the town of Wojcieszów dates to the 13th century and there are several properties of historical interest within it, the town is mainly associated with the industrial exploitation of local limestone, developed on a large scale in the late 19th century. More than a dozen quarries were operating in the vicinity, including the most known and the only ones active until nowadays – the quarries on Mt. Połom, immediately west of the town. During the heydays of the industry about 1200 people were working in mining and processing the limestone.
The oldest historical monument in Wojcieszów is Assumption of Virgin Mary church in the lower part of the town. Its oldest parts date to the 13–14th century. Decorations of the interior come from Baroque times, although Gothic tombstones can be seen in the floor of the chancel. On the outer wall there are five, full-body tombstones of members of von Zedlitz family. Nearby is a disused protestant church from 1754, with a tower built in 1913, and a palace from the 18th/19th century (now children’s home) surrounded by a landscape park. The palace in the upper part of the town, the oldest among town residences, was built as a Renaissance manor in 1596 and rebuilt as a palace in the late 19th century. Nowadays it is abandoned and falls into decline. Further buildings of this kind are in the lowermost part of the town and at the western foot of Mt. Miłek (now correctional facility). To the north-west of the town there are faint remains of a medieval castle, probably destroyed during the Hussite wars.